Is this possible with rss and php?

the-sexy-slug

Hello

I am looking to put a rss feed on my web pages. Each page will have a different feed. The feed gives me 100 results.

What I would like to do is to show those 100 results but not show them all in one page. What I would like to do is to split those results into 5 pages showing 20 results for each rss link.

Like I said each page will have a new rss link and I am on paid shared hosting so it would need to have little rescourse impact on there hosting servers.

Is this possible and if so how would I acheive this please. I am a new learner in PHP with very little knowledge but as I work more with the code the more I am SLOWLY begining to understand how it works :)

Thanks all for your help in advance.

Whats the point in having the 5 pages?

Just limit it to 20 results and one feed.

Unless have different content for each feed, I really see no point in doing this at all.

Yes each page would have a different feed.

The feed will contain around 100 links that I would like to keep but split into pages like page 1 - 2 - 3 etc to the benifit of my web site design and make my site more usable.

By different content I meant a different category or something, not just a different link.

I assume you don't post that often.

But anyway, post your code if need help.

The way it's usually done is by changing the categoryid or whatever value for the select and making each a unique feed based on that.

You can just make copies of your rss.php file and name them rss2.php, rss3.php and so on

In your case just LIMIT the select results for each file. so at the end of the select statement would be

LIMIT 0,20

LIMIT 20,20

LIMIT 40,20

LIMIT 60,20

LIMIT 80,20

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.