Single database running two (or more sites) country specific

Happy new year everyone!

Can someone help me please.  I have a skadate script installed on a domain and want to set up sub-domains based on the users country of registration - ireland.mydomain.com, france.mydomain.com etc

I know that I can install the skadate script within subdomains and refer to the same primary database BUT what I want to do is only show say users registered in Ireland on the ireland.mydomain.com site.

Can this be done via the database connection string??

// MySQL Connection

define('DB_HOST', 'localhost');

define('DB_USER', 'user_skadate');

define('DB_PASS', 'abc123');

define('DB_NAME', 'user_skadate');

define('DB_TBL_PREFIX', 'skadate_');

This is the config.php database string.

Any advice or suggestions would be very gratefully recieved.

Do you have a control panel of your server with DNS access? If so, open it and add a new entry:

*.your-domain.com IN A your-ip-address

This will "forward" everything to your-domain.com and allows you to handle it like this:

$country = array_shift(explode('.', $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'])); // eg ireland, france, or www

Add the necessary code to handle www, ireland and france. If this feels over your head, hire a freelancer/programmer to do it for you.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.