Height of a sidebar in a website

Howlin1

For a college assignment I was required to make a website. It is after getting graded but I would like to continue to at least try to improve my site. One of the problems I had was the height of the sidebars.

I have used css to a certain extent.

But what I would like to know is; how to change

this

this.png

to this

this2.png

Essentially I want the sidebars in the first link to extend down to the bottom of the users browser like in the second link. At the moment I have that working with some javascript and I have heard this problem can be solved using css and html only.

Ahh, you're right.

The solution for that is a little tricky. You have two options:

1) set the background color of your .wrap div to #706D68. This isn't exactly what you want though, as the columns then kind of stop being columns (try it and you'll see what I mean).

2) create a background image a few pixels high that has the width of your content. Set the image to be the column colors and the content color, and set that as a background to your .wrap div. That will extend it down to the bottom.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.