having gettext enabled with apache

hi,

i'm working on Mac OS X 10.6.6 and i have some trouble understanding how to get gettext enabled.

i followed the proper procedure to do so, and it works fine...with command line PHP (not with apache php pages).

So, i've run php --info on the command line and phpinfo() on a web page, and this is where i get confused.

on the command line, i get (among other things) :

PHP Version => 5.2.5

Configure Command => blablabla ... '--with-get-text=/usr/local/php5' ... blablabla

Configuration File (php.ini) path => /usr/local/php5/lib

Loaded Configuration File => /etc/php.ini

gettest

GetText Support => enabled

on apache, i get, for the same points :

PHP Version : 5.3.3

Configure Command : no gettext here

Configuration File (php.ini) path : /etc

Loaded Configuration File : /etc/php.ini

and no gettext here

since i only use the php installed with OS X (that may have been upgraded, i don't know), how can i have two versions (5.2.5 and 5.3.3) ?

mostly, how do i add gettext to work on php web pages ?

BTW, Apache runs php through mod_php-53.3.1~2 (according to phpinfo() page)

i've been looking out for this topic for hours on google, and couldn't find anything (seems Mac native version of PHP is hard to extend).

Moreover (otherwise, it's not funny, just like this issue being an emergency, you guys know what i mean), recompiling either apache or php is not really an option.

So, please, tell me i'm stupid and i miss something really simple, i won't mind, but if anyone here can help me out (and will, otherwise, it's just mean), i'll be more than thankful. And anyway, even if you can't, have a happy new year.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.