How would you do this?

DirkVdBroek

Hey guys,

I work for a website , marketing company. Always when a customer asked to get visitors onto their website they reffered them to Google Adwords. Now they want to offer visitors intern, from the company itself.

So they gave me the job to write a booster that visit a link trough proxys in order to get on the "Most Viewed" page of popular websites where many people will see an ad of the current customer website with a description to their website.

Now i already wrote the booster part and i am able to get some visitors to the customers website.

The key now is to capture the customers who are being reffered trough the booster.

For example i need to get the ip, country, user agent, hits per day,week,month, refferer , etc. Default info about visitor.

And build a system where all this info is being displayed in an graph.. just like goolge adwords.

The only way i could think of to get this info, is to make a php file with a header redirect. So in the description of the "Most Viewed" website i putt a link like this: http://www.website/redirect.php

So customers goes to the php file where i save all his data and then i redirect him to the website of our current customer.

Is this the best way to do it? What options do i have? Any tips? Also how else could i get REAL traffic to the website not using a third party like google adwords.

I really appriciate the tips and help!

So basically if i understand this right, someone sees an ad on a website, your company displays the ad, and when they click on the ad on random site X, they are clicking a link to go to your client's site Y? Is that correct?

In order to grab any information from the user you will have to have them pass through a page you have access to, for example the redirect you were speaking of will work so they click on the link and have it formatted like

adpage.php?from=site ad was on&to=site to redirect to

then on the adpage.php file you could use various global environment variables to grab and store the information you need, and then display that information however it is you see fit.

If the page they person sees the ad on is your own i mean you could trigger a JS event or something to store the information and not have a redirect page but i wouldn't recommend that unless there is something against the redirect.  the person that clicks never has to know that you redirected the page as HTML code will never have to be encountered.

<?php

// do some sort of check to make sure numbers aren't being inflated or too many clicks from the same IP incase you guys are pay for clicks

// grab information using $_SERVER, $_GET, etc.

// store information into a database

// redirect with header
header("Location: http://clientsite.com/");

?>

Hope that helped.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.