probably a stupid question

scriptjet

i had this setup and working before, and had to reinstall everything again and now can't get my localhost to respond the way i want it to.

i have apache2.2, mysql 5.**** and php 5.3*** installed on my computer.  i went to install drupal (cause i need to know it for a project i'm about to start) and had to reinstall everything due to pdo issues.  well now i have everything working except for a minor functionality with the server.

before when i typed in localhost/pma it automatically brought up the phpmyadmin login page -- now it brings up the index for the folder.  i can type in localhost/pma/index and it brings up the login

also i finally was able to get drupal installed but can't get it to work.  when i type in localhost/drupal it just brings up the index to the drupal folder.  i can type in localhost/drupal/index.php and i get a page not found dispaly under the drupal screen, when i go to click on one of the links like content it sends me back to index of the folder. 

and also, i just discovered with phpmyadmin, i can log in and everything but i can't make any changes.  it says i do not have any permissions, when i should have all the permissions as i am the administrator.

any help for any of this would be greatly appreciated.  i have been working on this for the better part of the day.  thanks in advance

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.