Popup window that retains its adjusted size

pault

I hope someone can help me with this or point towards a published code.

I have a PHP page which displays a list summarising database records. When users click on an icon, another window pops up with further information from the record. They can keep clicking through the list, showing each new record in the SAME popup window.

Obviously when the popup first appears, the window must be sized to fit within the user's screen and also to one side so that people can still see the main list. But if they resize the window (maybe because they have a very large screen), I want each new display of the window to retain the user's new size.

To summarise, the first time the window opens, its dimensions are set to a default size (based on screen size), but from then on it retains the user-defined size.

Thanks in advance.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.