problems with dompdf link for conversion

garbagedigger

I have a ajax/php driven website and I want to setup a link which uses dompdf.  I want to click on the link to convert the current page being viewed to pdf.

The current code that came with dompdf has a link feature like this except it looks for the physical webpage on the server and converts it to pdf and not the finished webpage being viewed on your web browser

Here is the original code for the link which pulls the physical webpage and inputs it to dompdf for pdf conversion:

<?php
$test_files = glob(dirname(__FILE__) . "/test/*.{html,php}", GLOB_BRACE);
$dompdf = dirname(dirname($_SERVER["PHP_SELF"])) . "dompdf.php?base_path=" . rawurlencode("www/test/");
foreach ( $test_files as $file ) {
  $file = basename($file);
  $arrow = "images/arrow_0" . rand(1, 6) . ".gif";  
  echo "<li style=\"list-style-image: url('$arrow');\">\n";
  echo $file;
  echo " [<a class=\"button\" target=\"blank\" href=\"test/$file\">HTML</a>] [<a class=\"button\" href=\"$dompdf&input_file=" . rawurlencode($file) .  "\">PDF</a>]\n";
  echo "</li>\n";
}
?>

I took and modified that code to use $_server[“php_self"]

<?php
$test_files = glob(dirname($_SERVER["PHP_SELF"]), GLOB_BRACE);
$dompdf = dirname(dirname($_SERVER["PHP_SELF"])) . "dompdf.php?base_path=" . rawurlencode($_SERVER["PHP_SELF"]);
foreach ( $test_files as $file ) {
  $file = basename($file);
  $arrow = "images/arrow_0" . rand(1, 6) . ".gif";  
  echo "<li style=\"list-style-image: url('$arrow');\">\n";
  echo $file;
  echo " [<a class=\"button\" target=\"blank\" href=\"$file\">HTML</a>] [<a class=\"button\" href=\"$dompdf&input_file=" . rawurlencode($file) .  "\">PDF</a>]\n";
  echo "</li>\n";
}
?>

After doing that, I get this error message:

DOMPDF_Exception: Requested HTML document contains no data

If I take rawurlencode on my modified code and tell it to use the url like this:

rawurlencode("http://local.example.com");

It converts and prints a pdf but it is the site's main page before you are logged in which is useless if you are logged in.

I need to somehow trick it to encode and print the ajax/php driven view my browser is displaying.  Is that even possible?  Iam guessing that I need to replace rawurlencode with something else and still use php_self.

Let me know if you need more information or details.

Thanks!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.