Testing Mobile Devices

phil88

Hey everyone,

I'm currently developing a website who's layout changes depending on the size of the device viewing it. Eg, iPhones will have each section on top of one another, landscape iPads will have 3 sections next to each other as columns and various other size devices will have slightly different set ups. I've used CSS Media queries to implement this by applying different rules depending on min/max-width and it seems to work fine when I resize my browser window to various device sizes.

Am I right in thinking that this will likely work fine on the actual devices? I don't know how realistic resizing my desktop browser's window emulates the behaviour of various devices. Or, do you know of any tools that will better emulate the devices' behaviour?

Its almost never recommended to spend to much time nitpicking about how things will look on lesser capable devices and browsers, its not even your responsability.

You can, if you really find it nessesery, design a seperate version for such. But it would require proper testing, in which case i would strongly recommend using an emulator. I.e. http://www.mobilexweb.com/emulators

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.