Hide you Javascript code??

php_guy

Hello all,

I have a website where I do not want the Javascript to be viewable by the client right-clicking and choosing "View source".

I am using specific Google Maps API so it has to be Javascript, there is unfortunately no server side equivalent.

Is there a way for me to have a skeleton webpage that sends the data to a severside page -- where the javascript is processed -- then returned somehow back to the client?

Forget for a second that I'm using Google Maps, but just looking at it from a higher level view: Is it possible to have a webpage where I submit data -> goes to the server where it's processed using javascript -> then returns HTML to the client?

Thanks!!

javascript is processed client-side so not an *easy* way to do it.  But it IS possible see example

However with google maps specifically, depending on what exactly your needs are, you can use server-side scripting to build a url with query string to output as an img and google will process it and return a map based on parameters you sent in img src.  It is of course a static image, so that may or may not work for you, but if it does, there you have it.

http://code.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/staticmaps/

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.