check array of dates are conecutive

Simmo

Hi,

A user selects week and a room to book. I put these into an array so I have now have an array of room numbers and dates.

I don't want them to book seperate holidays for one accommodation, I have mangaged to stop them booking a two week stay and they an extra week.  But I need a way to stop them booking two or three seperate two week holidays.  So basically I need to just give an error if the dates they have selected are not consecutive.

I have tried many variations of adding and subtracting 7 days  and comparing that in the array using a loop based on the room ids being the same.

I know the code below doesn't work but it gives an idea of how I been trying.

Also assume that the array has aan accomID and date seperated by a comma.

function search_break_in_consec_weeks($accomCountValidCheck, $accomID, $date){
			$allConsec = false;
			foreach ($accomCountValidCheck as $key=>$value){
				$varArray =  explode(', ', $value);
				$varDate =  $varArray[1];
				$varAccomID =  $varArray[0];
				if($accomID == $varAccomID && date("Y-m-d", strtotime($date)) == date("Y-m-d", strtotime($varDate ."+7 days")) || date("Y-m-d", strtotime($date)) == date("Y-m-d", strtotime($varDate ."-7 days"))){
					   $allConsec = true;
					   break;
					}else{
					   $allConsec = false;
					}
			}
			return $countStray;
		}
		foreach($accomCountValidCheck as $accomVal){
			$varArray =  explode(', ', $accomVal);
			$varAccomID  =  $varArray[0];
			$varDate=  $varArray[1];
			 $valReturnConsec = search_break_in_consec_weeks($accomCountValidCheck, $varAccomID, $varDate);
			if($valReturnConsec){echo '<b>'.$varAccomID.'</b>'. ' consec<br />';}
			if($valReturnConsec == false){echo $varAccomID .'not consec<br />';}

}

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.