Noob starting to learn php: Windows Test Server XAMPP?

Hi,

I'm on day one of learning php. I've found some good tutorials but I've got a little snag with the test server I was hoping to get some help with. I'm using XAMPP with windows 7. Ever thing was working fine from what the status told me. My next step is security.

I've got everything to say that its secure except for PHP. Its not very clear as to what I should do to fix it.

PHP is NOT running in "safe mode"   UNSECURE

If do you want to offer PHP executions for outside persons, please think about a "safe mode" configuration. But for standalone developer we recommend NOT the "safe mode" configuration because some important functions will not working then. More Info

When I click on more info it takes me to this page. http://us2.php.net/features.safe-mode

This is day one for me learning php so I have no idea what any of this is talking about. Is it telling me that right now I'm running PHP in safe mode and that I need to stop doing that? I'm just trying to make sure my test server is secure.

Also I was told to change my mysql password and I did. Now phpmyadmin isn't able to connect to the database. Is there somewhere I should type in the new mysql database login info so that the rest of my php stuff knows about it?

Thanks for all the help.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.