Not sure why this archive link doesnt work?

queendaedra

On the website I built www.biancabarnett.com the "older" and "newer posts" links don't work. I added an archive widget to wordpress which completely screws up my theme, so I am not sure where to proceed from here. I know this is mainly a php site and so far everyone has been so much more helpful than any other site, sooooo i was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I need to learn this stuff, so her are my questions...

why is the formatting screwed up when you go to the archive widget and click on a date for that blog? What page needs to be formatted or changed to make the formatting look correct? Would it be the archive.php? Or is this a CSS issue? Why would the links for the older and newer posts not show up? Where do I need to alter them in wordpress or another .php doc?

That's because the person that made your template forgot to apply the right amount of pixels

See my code below and change it in your stylesheet. Good luck!

#main-content { /* see style.css line 116 */
    float: right;
    margin: 20px 10px 0;
    position: relative;
    width: 460px; /* CHANGE THIS from 470px to 460 px  */
    z-index: 20;
}

-edit: you might want to adjust the position of the background images, btw

sorry don't read what I posted above. I thought you meant something different.

Just a few things, you're using <aside> which is a html5 tag and not yet wc3 recommended. So dont use it, use a Div instead.

Besides that i can really recommend you wrap the stuff in the archive view in a div. makes it easier to position.

besides that place your menu in the markup above the content, and use float left, on both the menu div and the new div that wraps all that archive content.

If you have questions let me know.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.