Need more functionality from a Topsite script I bought

Astr0b0y

Hi there, could I just start by saying I'm not up to scratch with all the terminology used, so forgive me if I am describing some stuff incorrectly.

I recently bought a top site script (For those who don't know what a top site script is, it's a site that allows other sites to register there site then place vote buttons in there templates so there users can vote for them) from Voxrank

http://www.voxrank.com/

which works great, but I am looking for more functionality from it.

The script I have allows me to set an automatic reset of the list every x amount of days, which is great as I have it set to reset once a week. What I was wanting to do was to split the site into 2 categories.

Currently I have one table that displays the topsites for the week, but I want to split that into 2 tables one showing the weekly topsites and one showing the topsites of all time.

I made this image for illustration purposes

plan.png

I tried to make a copy of the MYSQL table voxrank_settings and renamed it voxrank_settings1 and renamed the columns with a 1 at the end of each name.

Then I made a copy of settings.php which is controlled by voxrank_setting and called it settings1.php, but changing the variables within the php file to reflect the new table.

I'm very new to PHP and even newer to MYSQL, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

[attachment deleted by admin]

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.