Display the child record on clicking the parent record from the database

viji123

Hi,

I am fetching a set of records from the database which is order by UserID. I would like to display the first record of each userID in row. On clicking on the userId I would like to display the other records of the respective userID. Can anybody please give me an idea for this?

Regards,

Viji

What do you need other than what you've already said?

SELECT userId, MAX(field_you_order_records_by), some, other, fields FROM theTable GROUP BY userId

Display that, with a link to a page that will:

"SELECT * FROM theTable where userId = " . mysql_real_escape_string( $_GET['userId'] )

-Dan

Hi,

Thank you very much for your queries. Other than these queries , I would like to display the records of the second query in <tr></tr> when I click on the corresponding record resulting from the first query in a  <tr><tr>. Can you please suggest me an idea for this?

Regards,

Viji

Then do that.  We're not going to write your code line by line.  If you don't know how to output the results of a mysql query, you can:

1)  Copy and paste the example from the PHP manual page for mysql_query

2)  Hire someone to do it.

3)  Stop this project, learn php, then come back when you know how.

-Dan

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.