IE issues

bford21

Hey guys I've been working on this site on and off now for a year or so and when I made the general template I made sure it worked in IE, FF and Chrome. I just finished doing some major work such as validating every page as best I could and putting the layout into PHP includes for easier editing.

Now I don't know what it is but somewhere along the way things got messed up. Now when I open the site in IE things are a mess. I don't know if these issues are because IE updated or if I somehow managed to mess things up big time when I was updating the site. Anyhow any advice on how to fix the issues would be greatly appreciated.

Site: http://bkgallery.site90.net

CSS: http://pastebin.com/J2iDDc7u

Hi bford,

Messed up is a pretty general discription, so maybe be more precise what happends and how you want it. Also which version of IE has this problem 5,6,7,8,9?

I looked at your css and something is pretty clear. You applying the same properties yo quite some elements like margin:0; , padding:0;. But instead of combining those you define them per element. Which is okay, but that makes your css pretty redundant. What you could consider doing is starting of with a reset.css. Meyers reset.css is what i use (although i customized it a bit to my needs). This may sound not nice but I would, make a new stylesheet, start of with a reset.css, and style from there. I think redoing it might take 2 hours. Everytime you think, "hey wait a minute i am applying the same style as for another element.." use a class or combine them"

But if you know exactly what symptom you have for which version of IE let me know happy to take a look at it. Although it's better to write clean from the start.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.