robots.txt question

vozzek

Hi all,

Okay, I have a domain, let's call it domain1.com with another Add-on domain linked to a folder within the main url (let's call it domain2.com).

If I look at domain2 in google's webmaster tools, everything looks fine.

If I look at domain1 in google's websmaster tools, it sees the entire domain2 folder as part of domain1.  Therefore, it sees all kinds of "broken" links.

My question is this:  if I disallow that folder in the robots.txt file for domain1, will it disable google (and other web spiders) from crawling domain2 entirely? 

For example, if my robots.txt file looks like this:

User-agent: *

Disallow: /style.css

Disallow: /domain2.com

will it create problems with google being able to see my add-on domain?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Hi all,

Okay, I have a domain, let's call it domain1.com with another Add-on domain linked to a folder within the main url (let's call it domain2.com).

If I look at domain2 in google's webmaster tools, everything looks fine.

If I look at domain1 in google's websmaster tools, it sees the entire domain2 folder as part of domain1.  Therefore, it sees all kinds of "broken" links.

My question is this:  if I disallow that folder in the robots.txt file for domain1, will it disable google (and other web spiders) from crawling domain2 entirely? 

For example, if my robots.txt file looks like this:

User-agent: *

Disallow: /style.css

Disallow: /domain2.com

will it create problems with google being able to see my add-on domain?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Yes, if you disable domail2.com in robots.txt as you mentioned above, no crawler will crawl domain2.com while visiting domain1.com

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.