ftp_put() problem help me please

teitoklein01

After a week, we finally finished our website and we want to upload it to a free web host. We choose www.000a.biz web host.

It was stated in the control panel that the home path is

/home/vol10/000a.biz/a000b_7363341/

--> based on my observation i think it is a absolute path..

I am having problems when i put this to the "destination_file" parameter of the ftp_put().

my relative path when im doing this on a local host is

gankgame/images/$myPic

How can i know the relative path of the given 'Home path' of my web host. is the file actually being stored their? What will I do. help please

If you download a program like Filezilla, you can login to the ftp server using the same details you are using for ftp_connect(), and it will display the path for you.  It's likely the path will be just "/", but it depends on how your host's ftp server is configured.

Once you find out the correct path, you can use that with ftp_put()

Hmm, The thing is I don't have any problem uploading my files(images, php, sprites, css, etc) on the web host we've chosen. The problem we were encountering is when the user upload on user-side. because we had a module in the website wherein user can upload his/her own file. and other user can download that..

If i can't get the relative path where my files are located I can't succeed ftp_put and ftp_get.

:confused:

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.