how does phpmyadmin put data into the database

SnakZ

ok im sure we all know how phpmyadmin works. You click insert it grabs the column names/fields using mysql_fetch_field with the help of a loop im sure

then when you click submit it some how put them into the database

can any one tell me how does it do this ? what code is needed as im trying to do the same thing try to look at there code but its crazy in there :D

im not sure how it grabs the data and put it into the database

ty you for your time sorry if this is hard to understand its hard to put it into words :D

got it to some what work with this code but now not to sure what type of loop i need to get the column name to change along with the array i know i need some type of loop using mysql_fetch_field

$tbox=$_POST['name'];
foreach ($tbox as $value)
  {
  echo" $key $value <br />";

sql_query("INSERT INTO table_Z ($column)VALUES ($value)")  or die(mysql_error());
  }

[sOLVED]

ok i got it to work 100% just posting for that what if other people want to know how to :D

take an array from input and break it apart and put it into the database one by one

the "echo" are for me so i can see there names before they go into the SQL

$tbox=$_POST['name'];
$result = $db->sql_query("SELECT * FROM Table_Z ") or die(mysql_error()) ;
foreach ($tbox as $key => $value)
  {
  echo" $key $value <br />";

$property = mysql_fetch_field($result);

if($key==0){
        if  (ctype_digit($value)) {
        sql_query("INSERT INTO table_Z (" . $property->name . ")VALUES ('$value')")  or die(mysql_error());}else{
        sql_query("INSERT INTO table_Z (" . $property->name . ")VALUES ($value)")  or die(mysql_error());}
$test=$value;
echo"$test";
}else{
       if  (ctype_digit($value)) {
       $db->sql_query("UPDATE table_Z SET " . $property->name . "=$value WHERE names=$test")  or die(mysql_error());}else{
       $db->sql_query("UPDATE table_Z SET " . $property->name . "='$value' WHERE names=$test")  or die(mysql_error());}
}
}

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.