How to realize

kpoxo6op

Good afternoon everyone.

The task: a script authorizes on a certain site every few minutes and tracks if a certain string has changed in HTML-code. If it has changed, the script sends me a SMS or e-mail.

I have made authorization, checking, I can manage with e-mail sending.

Is it possible to make it work without launching in a browser? At this moment, I have this: I’m launching Apache, opening a browser, typing “localhost/…”, launching the script; it does its job and refreshes the page every 5 minutes.

But, I want he does its job on my local machine or on a hosting on background. I know word “cron” by hearsay. I know that e-mail is usually being cut on free hostings.

Please help me to implement the task. What SMS services do you know for that etc?

Good afternoon everyone.

The task: a script authorizes on a certain site every few minutes and tracks if a certain string has changed in HTML-code. If it has changed, the script sends me a SMS or e-mail.

I have made authorization, checking, I can manage with e-mail sending.

Is it possible to make it work without launching in a browser? At this moment, I have this: I’m launching Apache, opening a browser, typing “localhost/…”, launching the script; it does its job and refreshes the page every 5 minutes.

But, I want he does its job on my local machine or on a hosting on background. I know word “cron” by hearsay. I know that e-mail is usually being cut on free hostings.

Please help me to implement the task. What SMS services do you know for that etc?

Writing cron jobs is relatively easy (for simple tasks). An afternoon of reading should put you in the right place.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.