little help please

advo

hi people im having a little issue here with current php code dose not want to print out what i want or dose but only first letter

basicly its a dynamic image there is a db called `chatsigtext` each image will have its own id and so i can sort different image from other images

the code im using is below  i know im doing something wrong but dont know my idea was it would  pul 16 rows based on time decending and have a var $ text1 $text2 and so on each one a dif row in query but it dosent semm to work

$chatlines= MYSQL_QUERY("SELECT * from chatsigtext WHERE sigID='".$sig->sigID."' ORDER BY time DESC LIMIT 16 ");

//$arr= mysql_fetch_array($chatlines);
//$text1 = $arr['text']; this works but i cant make text2 = the new row down and so on i want 15 text vars each pulled from the above sql
//$text2 = $arr[1]['text'];

$arr = mysql_fetch_row($chatlines);
$text1 = $arr[1]['text'];// this will only echo  the first letter where above will do whole thing just not next row

imagestring($im, 3, 2, 05, $text1, $color); 
imagestring($im, 3, 2, 20, $text2, $color); 

any help on how i can do this would be great

geeze my head must not be screw on atm

while($data = mysql_fetch_array($logged)) {
$arr[] = $data['text'];
}
imagestring($im, 3, 2, 05, $arr[0], $color); 
imagestring($im, 3, 2, 20, $arr[1], $color);

this did what i wanted

ok now im really stuck as this is for a php image not a real image i need to have it refresh the image on site with out page load thinking ajax or JS will do this but no clue on where to start

the url for it to refresh will be something like chatsig.php?id=some id that is held in post/get data

for life of me i cant seem to get it to reoad with out reloading page any help on how to reload  a image onfly say every 3 seconds with the ?id=<?=$somevar?> would be greatly apretiated

ok now im really stuck as this is for a php image not a real image i need to have it refresh the image on site with out page load thinking ajax or JS will do this but no clue on where to start

the url for it to refresh will be something like chatsig.php?id=some id that is held in post/get data

for life of me i cant seem to get it to reoad with out reloading page any help on how to reload  a image onfly say every 3 seconds with the ?id=<?=$somevar?> would be greatly apretiated

that would be javascript!

Sorry i am a complete retard in javascript, I can read it, but not write it, I would ask it in the javascript forum we have here.

but google also is a great source: http://www.google.nl/#sclient=psy&hl=nl&q=javascript+image+rotator&aq=3&aqi=g5&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&fp=fe0504c4a0089c6f  (key words:  javascript image rotator )

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.