how to price your services?

ohdang888

So i'm starting a new website at http://www.crambu.com

Now that i've buillt the site (need to revise a few things, still), my biggest issue is figuring out what my prices should be.

I know this is something i'll havta decide for myself, but i'd like your advice, seeing as though many of you have done this before.

My biggest competitor currently working MoFuse, here's their prices

http://www.mofuse.com/plans/

Here's my current prices:

http://www.crambu.com/pricing.php

The biggest issue is the Geolocation i see features. My competitor requires an enterprise account, which undoubtedly is at least $100 a month. Whereas my prices are much cheaper, but are by features. One other web developer i've talked to thought the prices were too high, but clearly people are going for it at MoFuse (and i'm not suggesting I could/can/will ever charge that much..)

Anyways, I'd really appreciate your input on my current pricing scheme: too high, just right, too low?

Thanks

Totally unrelated to the question you asked, but from a marketing perspective, I'd be concerned about the length of your splash video.  It's nearly 4 minutes long, and you don't even start presenting Crambu until after the first minute.  I doubt many people are even getting to this point in the video (you could track this and get the real stats, might be interesting to find out).

I'm not a huge fan of splash videos, but if you're going to do one, you might want to cut a condensed version that gets to the point quicker.

Ya I'm making a new one that's 45 seconds

I would offer complete packages, most customers probably have no idea what to choose. besides that, there is some scientific proof that if people are to choose between a lot of things it actually stops them from buying stuff. As for your prices, You can have competitive prices, but cheap quite often triggers a feeling that it must be crap. To give an example, i know someone, that sold cookies (big time) all kinds of, but certain cookies didn't want to sell, so he doubled the price of it and gave it a better spot, and sold them all. (allowing him to buy a huge house when he was 25)

But if you sell something your product must be good. No matter what your price is.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.