Array Help

Canman2005

Hi

I have a HTML form which posts to a PHP script.

On the PHP script I have

$_SESSION['mystuff'][] = array('idnumber'=>''.$_SESSION['myID'].'','titlename'=>''.$_POST['productname'].'');

and basically this array builds up each time the form is submitted

I then output this data using

$num=0;

foreach($_SESSION['mystuff'] as $mystuffvals)

{

print $_SESSION['mystuff'][$num]['titlename'];

print "<br>"

$num = $num+1;

}

this all works fine, but I want to be able to add a "delete" link next to each one so that it can be removed.

how possible is that?

I did try adding

<a href="?remove=<?php print $num; ?>

under the bit of code

print $_SESSION['mystuff'][$num]['titlename'];

and then running something at the top of the page which looks like

if(isset($_GET['remove']))

{

unset($_SESSION['mystuff'][$_GET['remove']]);

}

?>

but that seems to unset random arrays and I can't think what could be wrong.

Please help

Thanks

J

First things first, I'm not sure about the rest of your script, but it looks like you don't need that many dimensions to your array, just make an associative array with idnumber as the key and then titlename as the value, like this:

$_SESSION['mystuff][$_SESSION['myID']] = $_POST['productname']

That way you can get two pieces of information per array element and not go one dimension deeper.  So, then, you can also change up your foreach with the alternate method and actually use the data you reference to variables in the foreach to cut down your code, like this:

foreach($_SESSION['mystuff'] as $mystuffkeys => $mystuffvals)
   print $mystuffvals.'<a href="?remove='.$mystuffkeys.'">Remove This Product</a>';

(no, you don't need curly brackets if it is just one line, the program will know that without brackets just to read the next line only and loop.)  Okay, so then, you can use this at the top of your page:

if (isset($_GET['remove']))
   unset($_SESSION['mystuff'][$_GET['remove']);

I think that should work.  If it doesn't, let me know what is going on or any errors you have and we'll work through it.  I haven't tested the code above so there may be a syntax error or something.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.