Starting to get very very frustrated Apache 2.2.17 php 5.2.17 MySQL 5.5.10

Ghostcore

So I have ready countless how too's

I have tried Different versions

I have uninstalled and reinstalled sooo many times

All Im trying to do is setup an apache web server for internal use with php and mysql capabilities.

I can get apache to play nice with php but no matter what I do or try I just cant get phpinfo(); to display mysql modules information nor can I get phpmyadmin to connect.

again Im using all updated stable binary's IS there a good verified walk trough for winxp/7?

Please help.

Honestly I don't see the learning ability of using a shotgun approach.

However an update

I have Mysql and Mysqli extensions loading and showing under phpinfo(); problem is I had to completely uninstall and start from scratch

Also i used Mysql 5.1 rather then the 5.5 which is NOT what im trying to get done.

The question now changes direction a bit and becomes: How would I go about upgrading the MySQL to 5.5.10 from a currently working 5.1 version?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.