JQuery slide widget onchange event not working?

galvin

I am using the JQuery UI slider widget (http://jqueryui.com/demos/slider/) and I'm trying to have each option in the select dropdown be a different URL. 

When I slide the slider, nothing happens.  But if I choose one of the options from the corrseponding dropdown menu, the page goes to the URL.

My code is below. Basically, the onchange functionl is only happening if I change the select dropdown menu "the standard way".  If you use the JQuery slider, it doesn't do it.

Any ideas how to make my "onchange" function happen when the slider is moved?  I see some info on the site about a "Change" event, which I'm guessing might be what I have to do, but I am not sure how to implement it properly (I'm very new to JQuery).

Anyone?

$(function() {
	var select = $( "#cluewidthpicker" );
	var slider = $( "<div id='slider'></div>" ).insertAfter( select ).slider({
		min: 1,
		max: 9,
		range: "min",
		value: select[ 0 ].selectedIndex + 1,
		slide: function( event, ui ) {
			select[ 0 ].selectedIndex = ui.value - 1;
		}
	});
	$( "#cluewidthpicker" ).change(function() {
		slider.slider( "value", this.selectedIndex + 1 );
	});

});

Clue Width:
<select name='cwidth' id='cluewidthpicker' onchange='location = this.options[this.selectedIndex].value;'>
<option value='changecwidth.php?id=<?php echo $id;?>&rat=10' <?php echo $cselect1; ?>>10</option>
<option value='changecwidth.php?id=<?php echo $id;?>&rat=20' <?php echo $cselect2; ?>>20</option>
<option value='changecwidth.php?id=<?php echo $id;?>&rat=30' <?php echo $cselect3; ?>>30</option>
<option value='changecwidth.php?id=<?php echo $id;?>&rat=40' <?php echo $cselect4; ?>>40</option>
<option value='changecwidth.php?id=<?php echo $id;?>&rat=50' <?php echo $cselect5; ?>>50</option>
<option value='changecwidth.php?id=<?php echo $id;?>&rat=60' <?php echo $cselect6; ?>>60</option>
<option value='changecwidth.php?id=<?php echo $id;?>&rat=70' <?php echo $cselect7; ?>>70</option>
<option value='changecwidth.php?id=<?php echo $id;?>&rat=80' <?php echo $cselect8; ?>>80</option>
<option value='changecwidth.php?id=<?php echo $id;?>&rat=90' <?php echo $cselect9; ?>>90</option>
</select>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.