Inner Join Error

Nodral

Hi

I have 3 tables in my DB which I am trying to interrogate.

mdl_feedback_completed has columns id, feedback, userid, timemodified

mdl_feedback_tracking has columns id, userid, feedback, completed

mdl_feedback_value has columns id, course_id, item, completed, value.

These tables are already set up as part of a Moodle installation and I cannot modify them.

The query I am trying to run should select value from mdl_feedback_value depending on the timemodified field in mdl_feedback_completed.

However, the query is timing out and I get a fatal error.

Any ideas?

$sql="SELECT mdl_feedback_value.value FROM mdl_feedback_value INNER JOIN mdl_feedback_tracking ON mdl_feedback_value.completed = mdl_feedback_tracking.completed INNER JOIN mdl_feedback_completed ON mdl_feedback_tracking.feedback = mdl_feedback_completed.feedback WHERE timemodified = 1301499189";

Hi

The SQL looks OK and normally even with poor indexing I wouldn't expect it to be that slow.

My guess would be that there should be more columns used to JOIN the tables together (e, maybe userid between mdl_feedback_completed and mdl_feedback_tracking), and without this you are landing up getting a massive number of records (very easy for it to be in the millions).

All the best

Keith

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.