criticise the sites design!

unistake

I like it, looks pretty clean, and your using the space very well.

I can only think of one thing at the moment and that is the image you use for your advert here..

It's of low quality, and your using a jpg, while it could very well be done with a gif or a .png.

Have a look in to a program called inkscape( free vector 2d design), in a matter of seconds you recreated this as a vector file. at high quality.

As for income, people that buy a plain, tend to have money, maybe contact some companies to advertise high quality products for these group of people.

But that plane of 3000 pounds is mine :) lol i bet i crash on first flight  :o

cssfreakie,

thanks for the tips - yeah I completely forgot about changing that image!

Thanks for the advertising tips too!

No problem, you will probably earn a lot more more than with those random adsense or similar stuff. (certain websites make 10K a day just on 1 add) just make sure you track the clicks on the ads so you can back up your story in the selling. Select a few big brands, let them try for free, they have nothing to lose, so they would be idiots not to do so if the audience you aim for is right and the looks of the site are good (which they are). After those adds are online write to there concurrents that they can advertise for a small amount of money for a certain amount time don't be greedy (thats the first money in) after that try smaller companies they will come automatically because they see the top  brands and assume its worth it.  ;D  Just test out on a few to see the response on the fee you ask.

Good luck and get rich !

where would you recommend me putting any banners? or maybe put a few box adverts in between the other aircraft adverts?

I dont want to destroy the design of the site by adding lots of banners and flashing flash scripts!

What websites make £10k a day with a single advert?!

where would you recommend me putting any banners? or maybe put a few box adverts in between the other aircraft adverts?

I dont want to destroy the design of the site by adding lots of banners and flashing flash scripts!

What websites make £10k a day with a single advert?!

10 k sounds more than it is for big companies any idea what  30seconds cost just before the regular news pops up on television? ;) Most news website can ask that easily for a whole day. In your case you can't :) until everyone can buy a plane straight from his wallet.

Don't allow flashy popup like adverts, have some sort of policy with guidelines for classy ad's. I think i would place the ads them self underneath the photos and maybe at a height of 50% of the images above them and as width as the whole page (900px i think it is). Or underneath the lists, just before Create an add text. You have that 3 times allready on the page, so I think it wouldn't harm to put a nice add between them. Just keep the nice space you use now.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.