Can PHP evaluate all $_POST items with a single command?

AndrewJ1313

I am just wondering if there is a PHP script/command that can evaluate if all form fields from a given form are completed upon submitting.

Example: If I have a form with three form fields (name, email, phone), do I have to setup a

if($_POST['name'] == '' || $_POST['email'] == '' || $_POST['phone'] == '') {
redirect with error
} else {
continue
}

to evaluate if each was completed or is there a short cut that will automatically determine if any fields were left blank?

Just curious.

Thanks to any and all responses.

One warning on this is that if your are using checkboxes, you will not be able to determine if a check box is not checked, since most browsers just plain don't send the "name" attribute of the checkbox unless it is checked.

Just a little "Gocha!"

--

techdude

One warning on this is that if your are using checkboxes, you will not be able to determine if a check box is not checked, since most browsers just plain don't send the "name" attribute of the checkbox unless it is checked.

Just a little "Gocha!"

--

techdude

You really got me good there! ;)

Although, he wants validation, which means that he would only ever be checking if the checkbox was checked (although checkboxes don't really matter in this case). I guess it suits his needs, but maybe not others.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.