href link to fetch mysql data

phoenix79

ok here is what i am trying to do I have a menu for a takeaway and i want to have just basic description of the item i.e. the name and description, but when you click the name which is a href it will display full details in a seperate div.

I can connect and fetch data just fine from mysql just not sure how to do this only when link is clicked.

any help would be great  and sorry if my explanation makes no sense.

David

Hi

This isn't really a MySQL question.

2 basic ways to do this. Either get all the data required when you first produce the menu (no need to display it, could use Javascipt to display it on a popup). Or you bring the data back when a user clicks on the link. In this case you can either go to a fresh page to display the data, or you can do an AJAX call to retrieve the data and display it on screen.

All the best

Keith

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.