Unwanted notices?

alicedavidson

Hi again

I have moved my DB and project onto my laptop, however when I run two of my pages I am getting spammed by the following...

Notice: Consant_ DB_HOST already defined in c:\xampp\htdocs\p1\db_config.php on line 2

Notice: Consant_ DB_USER already defined in c:\xampp\htdocs\p1\db_config.php on line 3

Notice: Consant_ DB_NAME already defined in c:\xampp\htdocs\p1\db_config.php on line 4

Notice: Consant_ DB_PASSWORD already defined in c:\htdocs\p1\db_config.php on line 5

Notice: Consant_ DB_HOST already defined in c:\xampp\htdocs\p1\db_config.php on line 2

Notice: Consant_ DB_USER already defined in c:\xampp\htdocs\p1\db_config.php on line 3

Notice: Consant_ DB_PASSWORD already defined in c:\xampp\htdocs\p1\db_config.php on line 4

The notices are dropped in just after my include statements. This doesnt happen on my other PC and only occurs on two of my pages.The other pages work just fine. What gives?

Thanks!

Your code is probably including db_config.php twice.

This problem probably always existed in the code but the error_reporting/display_errors settings were set to hide the problem on your first computer.

You would need to debug why your code is including db_config.php more than once.

Actually, based on the quantity of messages, you are including it 3 times, so yes that is causing the problem.

You need to get the origination of your files under control. Your main file should include/require the things it needs. You should not have any need for the files being included to include (main) configuration information.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.