regex, strip spaces between numbers...

wilbur_wc

two part question...

PART 1...

part one is really simple, but for some reason it's just not happening for me...  i need to find and replace all numbers which have a space between them...

ex: 9 0 8would become 908 & 6 9 would become 69

what're the proper preg_replace attributes i'd need to achieve this?

PART 2...

this one is a little tricky...  i also have some numbers like 1,000 that are showing up as 1 ,000 or 1, 000...  so i need to get rid of the unwanted space, but there's a catch...  if the line which contains the number we're potentially replacing also contains the string respective, then i need leave the space intact.  the reason being, some number/comma combinations represent two separate values as opposed to a thousand delimiter (this case can be identified by the line containing somewhere the string respective).

thanks so much

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.