PHP drop down from mysql

DarkNexxus

First of all, I apologize if this is the wrong forum to ask this. I'm new.

Second, I know this type of code is all over the web, yet I can't find exactly what I'm looking for.

Third, any advice or help you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Okay, here is what I have. PHPmychat, mysql, php server and a somewhat limited understanding of all three.

In the next couple of months, we're going to a new chat, the dbs are not compatible so I want to be able to create a page, where a user can select their username and be taken to a new page where their profile will be displayed. The output page is called whois.php3 that page is the only thing I can get working.

The database requires a host, name, and password.

I need to connect to that, and select all the username in the table c_reg_users to fill a single drop down box. Once a name is selected, I would either like them to click a Get Profile button, or be directed automatically to the whois.php3 page.

Any ideas?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.