W3c compliant but lost table boarders

otuatail

first of all don't use inline style it's redundant certainly on tables, and it's very likely you miss some property.

So remove the inline style of your table and add in your externalstylesheet

table{
    border: 1px solid red; /* you had just border: 1px; */
    border-collapse: collapse;
}
td{
   border:1px solid #999;
}

I did it in my browser with firebug and it worked, so you might have forgotten something like removing inline style.

In the end inline style overwrites all your efforts from a external stylesheet.

So start with a clean slate, remove inline style and add it to an external stylesheet. Also if something doesn't work it's fastest to check it out in something like firebug. You can directly see where it get's it's style from. made a short video on my bloag abut it, if your not familiar with firebug, it might be nice to check it out.

I did it in my browser with firebug and it worked, so you might have forgotten something like removing inline style.

In the end inline style overwrites all your efforts from a external stylesheet.

So start with a clean slate, remove inline style and add it to an external stylesheet. Also if something doesn't work it's fastest to check it out in something like firebug. You can directly see where it get's it's style from. made a short video on my bloag abut it, if your not familiar with firebug, it might be nice to check it out.

don't pay attention to my spelling ;) video here if needed.

.TableClass

{

border:20px;

font-weight:bold;

solid:red;;  /* this is wrong also  extra semilcolon*/

}

declare the border as:

border:1px solid red;

so that would become

.TableClass{
  border:1px solid red;
}

Ok now I only have the table border red. The old method of border"2" affected the entire table.

yes? and now you ask implicitly how to set a border to all stuff? If that is the case have a read here.

http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/tables.html

A table consists of more elements (th td tr tbody) than only the wrapper <table>.

so if i want all td's pink i do

td{
  background: #f4a;
}

NOW I find that if a table row has a background colour the boarder dissapears.

read the manual, it's all in there! as far as your comment on the deprecated stuff, which it is (that's another reason to separate style from content)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.