Images as Borders

shawhey

Hi, I'm trying to get this as my border-image, but really can't seem to figure it out. I would like the left and right borders to be slanted (you'll see in the image), but if that's not possible, I'd still like to use this as my border. I thought maybe there'd be a way to make it work as a background, but couldn't do that either, so any help would be appreciated.

http://moscowhockey.1free.ws/Layout.png

Edit: I should also mention that the Red Bar at the top is going to be used as the menu bar, so the whole thing wouldn't be a border. Any help at all would be great.

Cheers,

Chahe

@shawhey you are correct there are a number of values for this in css3:

border-image:

border-top-image

border-right-image

border-bottom-image

border-left-image

border-corner-image:

border-top-left-image

border-top-right-image

border-bottom-left-image

border-bottom-right-image

But your link redirects me to a domain park as cssfreakie says.

No, there is definitely such thing as a border-image property in CSS3. I've used it many times, this is just a more complex layout so I need some help. Also, I tried the link and it should work, so that's strange.

if you use css3 for such elemental things realise than quite a large audience will not experience your website as you might want. the same is for html 5

I am aware of that, but the website is aimed towards a very small audience and none of us are using IE. All I need to do is put in the various prefixes for firefox, opera, chrome, etc. and it will be fine. If you have a solution using DIVs, then I'd be more than happy to hear them. I've tried everything and can't get the desired effect. If you can take a look at the image in the second link I provided, hopefully you can think of something I've missed. I just want it to look consistent on all resolutions

Thanks.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.