New virtual host, now with problems

A couple of weeks ago, I upgraded an in-house application and moved it to a new virtual-host on the SAME server. As part of the upgrade I added a number of settings to an .htaccess file for this virtual host.

For a couple of years, I  have been using ezPDF (http://www.ros.co.nz) to generate PDF documents on the fly within my application with no problems whatsoever.

Since I made the changes, ONE of my PDF's out of about 30 different scripts, will no longer work. It is the only PDF that has an image included, and I have discovered that if I comment out the line to include the image, it works fine. Not one line if this particular script has changed, and I have verified that the image location is accessible and correct. As far as I can tell the only thing that should be different are the new .htaccess directives, which I don't think should affect this at all, but I was hoping someone more knowlegable with php runtime configuration directives could give me some insight. I am using the ezImage() function in the ezPDF library, by the way, and have tried

addJpegFromFile() with the same result as ezImage().

Here is .htaccess

order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from 192.168.1.0/24

php_value include_path ".:/var/www/therapydoc2/includes"
php_value memory_limit 256M
php_value register_globals off
php_flag session.use_trans_sid off
php_value session.save_path "/var/sessions/therapydoc"
php_value session.gc_probability 1
php_value session.gc_divisor 1

<ifModule mod_php5.c>
php_value zlib.output_compression 1
</ifModule>

I have already tried raising the memory_limit to 512M, but it made no difference. I have also tried disabling zlib.output_compression, but that made no difference.

Server is Ubuntu 9.10 running Apache/2.2.12 and PHP 5.2.10

Thanks,

Matt 

What i think is happening is that image gets stored in a temp directory and then is processed into the PDF. The script will fail if it cant get to the temp directory. Trying giving you entire web directory full permissions for anyone. Of course just do this temporarily till you can see if it works. If it works then you need to hunt down the temp directory and give it the correct permissions... If not then I am not sure. Dont forget to change your permissions back after testing.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.