Mailto:

sharkster

Hi all.

Ive been messing with PHP and php/mysql off and on for several years but never anything in depth. I know just enough to be dangerous. I run my own server, database and mysql server under linux (clearos). Been using it since it was clarkconnect 1.0

Anyhow Im running my family tree under a php/mysql program (TNG The Next Generation)

In the software I can allocate a range of permissions to my users of the tree. The user can obviously create an account and it sends a request to the software backend as well as an email sent to the admin (me) alerting me to a new user registration. Once approve it sends another email back to that user with the details.

When the user with edit permissions on the tree submits an addition/deletion/change I need it to send me an email alerting me to  approve or deny it. I dont need anything in it just to let me know its waiting for me. Currently it sends a message through the backend and no email but I cant be checking the backend 10 times a day for user edits. I figured I could get in to the file newaccountform.php and find the code/trigger attached to the submit button and edit it to my needs and insert it into the php file controlling the edit/change. I couldnt find any trigger attached to the submit button.

Im lost here. Can anyone give me a pointer or direction as to what Im looking for here or where to find the code in a php manual or something?

Here is my site now  http://www.sharkster.org/killian    login=php pass=coder

Thanks

Jeff

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.