background image issue with ie6

esport

Hi,

I am developing a website for a client an when viewing the website in ie6 the background image doesn't appear and instead is replaced with a grey background.

Here is a link to the site

http://www.dairytechrefrig.com.au/new/

If you view it in FF or any other browser including ie but not ie6, it appears correctly.

I have attached a screen shot of the website in what it looks like in ie6.

Here is code i am using.

#middle{
background-attachment:fixed;
background: url(../images/middle.jpg) no-repeat scroll left top transparent;
background-repeat:no-repeat;
position:relative; 
height: 231px !important;
margin-top: 52px;
width: 969px;
display: block;
overflow: visible;
}

[attachment deleted by admin]

hmm from the sound of it i would think it's a transparency issue, but that's not possible since it's a jpg. (ie6 does not support semi transparency)

And i could see a sneaky 1x1 trans png over it. (if you have that though, overwrite it  with conditional comments)

another thing could be is that you have set the z-index and the z-index gets reset if you don't give the parent item one. (in IE6)

Also note background

also : background-attachment:fixed; is not something IE6 supports. (as far as i know you need to do that with javascript)

Hope this helps a bit. I am in a bit of a hurry here, weekend :)

btw, may I ask why you use so much !important declarations. better use conditional comments for deprecated browsers)

And i could see a sneaky 1x1 trans png over it. (if you have that though, overwrite it  with conditional comments)

* i meant couldn't :) but the stuff behind it probably made that clear already

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.