using a variable in a class

webguy262

I have a class that creates a grid from an xml feed. 

The class file is attached.

The grid displays on a page which is defined within the class as follows:

private $results_page = '/foobar.php';

I'm including the same class in multiple folders (the folders are addon domains) so I can have just one copy of the class so it is easy to modify.

The problem is that I need to add a variable containing the folder name to the $results_page path, so that when the class executes within each folder, the $results_page is 'FOLDER//foobar.php'

I have a file with defines in each folder, and I have tried including that file in the class and using the defined var in the construct, but I can't get it to work.

What am I missing?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Im guessing you didn't write this your self? Not taking a shot at you but I need a bit more knowledge of how this class works and what its supposed to do so I can try to help you. Can you give us as much info about it as possible?

The class makes a soap call to get an xml feed and then creates a grid showing the data.  I did not write the application, I'm just trying to adapt it for use with multiple sites. I could put a copy of the class file in each domain folder, but I prefer having one copy of the file to make modification easier.

On the designated $results_page, the class file gets called as follows:

<?php
include('../classes/class.grid.php'); 
$grid = new grid(); 
print $grid->displayEventByEventIDInteractive($_GET['eventID']);
?>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.