PHP, IIS, MYSQL Problem

Hello,

I know this question has been asked and answered numerous times, but after reading and trying many different approaches over three days, I still have not fixed this problems. I do not understand why my PHP will not connect to the SQL database. In the phpinfo(), I still get "--without-mssql", after I updated my NTWDBLIB.dll file, uncommented the mysql lines in my php.ini. I did not use the msi install, I did everything manual. Other then not connecting to my database everything else seems to be running good. I am really frustrated with this and work like to see if anyone could help me get past this.

I am running

Windows Server 2008 Standard (V6, SP2)

PHP 5.3.6

IIS 7.0.6000.16386

SQL Server 2008

Thanks for any support that will help me

The --without-mssql means that your php was complied without support for mssql and the only things you can do to change that would be to compile php yourself, find a Windows binary that has support for mssql, or use an alternative method -

This extension is not available anymore on Windows with PHP 5.3 or later. 

SQLSRV, an alternative driver for MS SQL is available from Microsoft: » http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/sqlserver/ff657782.aspx. 

Thanks for the reply,

So I download the file and moved them into my /ext folder. I added the extensions into the php.ini file. Now when I run the phpinfo() file, the mysql section about half way down shows up, which I hope is the good thing, but the "--without-mssql" still exists,  I do not know where that is good or bad. Nonetheless, when I test to see if I can connect, I do not get results. When I run the code below, "Here 01" gets printed, but "Here 02" does not get printed. So clues?

$username = "sa";
$password = "myPassword";
$hostname = "(local)\sqlexpress";

$connectionInfo = array( "UID"=>$username,
                         "PWD"=>$password,
                         "Database"=>"TigerpawCRMv11");
echo "Here 1";

$conn = sqlsrv_connect( $hostname, $connectionInfo);

echo "Here 2";

if( $conn === false )
{
     echo "Unable to connect.</br>";
     die( print_r( sqlsrv_errors(), true));
}else
echo "Connected";

Are you developing and debugging your code on a system with error_reporting set to E_ALL and display_errors set to ON (preferably in your master php.ini) so that all the errors php detects will be reported and displayed? You will save a TON of time.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.