How to send email attachments with PHP script on Yahoo Small Business Server

I have a PHP script that creates a small mp3 files as part of a voice mail application.  Now I need to email this mp3 file as an email attachment to the person expecting to get the message.

Since I'm using Yahoo Small Business as my web hosting server, I need something compatible with Yahoo's unix server.  I'm vaguely aware that Yahoo has had a problem with spammers in the past and likely still do so I'm also wondering what experience other users of Yahoo Small Business hosting have encountered in getting this type of email to work.  Initally I might generate 50 to 100 emails a day and in time perhaps up to 1500 emails a day.  Each email goes to only one recipient so it's not a classic bulk email type application.

Thanks for suggestions

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.