Help with background...

dipp02

you need 1 wrapper div, a left and a right one and a footer div. as far as coding if you want someone else to make this put it in the freelance forum. I bet there are people here that are able to do make that

• 3 weeks later...

I am having problems with the css. should i use floats? or absolute position? i tried both ways and having problems. i cannot get this to even work  <div style="background-image: url('bot.png'); background-repeat: repeat;">  nothing shows up unless i give it a width or height but then it repeats only to that width/height. any ideas? thanks in advance.

should i use floats? or absolute position? i tried both ways and having problems.

you can use both, although positioning absolute is a little more tricky since the element is taken out of the normal flow. But it seems you didn't read the manual on this point so i recommend you do that. A nice tutorial to on floats is the floatutorial. most grids systems just use float, and in fact for most designs float is good enough.

I am having problems with the css.

If you have troubles with code post the complete code or link to an on line example.

nothing shows up unless i give it a width or height but then it repeats only to that width/height. any ideas?

that's what div's do, have a look in the manual.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.