background

eMonk

Is it possible to extend the blue line on side-b to the bottom without having to use a repeating background image with these 2 blue lines? I tried height=100% in the css file but it's not what I'm looking for (it makes the height 100% of the screen instead of matching the blue line on side-a).

ydm46.gif

Here's the css code:

#wrapper {
text-align: left;
margin: 0px auto;
padding: 0px;
border:0;
width: 780px;
/* background: url("images/background.gif") repeat; */
}

#side-a {
float: left;
width: 134px;
border-right-style: solid;
border-right-width: 1px;
border-right-color: #009BD7;
padding: 5px;
}

#side-b {
float: right;
width: 134px;
border-left-style: solid;
border-left-width: 1px;
border-left-color: #009BD7;
}

#content { 
float: left;
width: 480px;
}

without seeing your mark-up (which in the end is what css is targeting)we have to guess what the height is of the element you gave the #id of side-b

Anyway, if you set the height of side-b to the height of the main bar, i don't see why it would not be possible to make that little line touch the bottom.

The problem is when content gets added to side-a... the other side doesn't move down with it... there is no fixed height...

side-a will be fetching a list of cities from a mysql database, reason why there is no fixed height, each page will have a different amount of cities being displayed.

Is there anyway to make the line of side-b move down with side-a as content gets added?

I'm not sure what you mean, there is no fixed height.

Do you have any samples of the height you're talking about?

look whether you set a fixed height a min-height or your element gets his height from it's content (i.e. text) you will always need a height for the borders to show up. The same is true if you build a house; you wont see the wall is made out of red stones if it's 0 meters high.

'

since you didn't gave any html markup (already mentioned that:)

without seeing your mark-up (which in the end is what css is targeting)we have to guess what the height is of the element you gave the #id of side-b

we can't know the height. anyway i think this now either sounds logical or not. If not read the first line of this post a few times and think about it. makes sense doesn't it?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.