$string1 = $gettext['$number'];

$string2 = $getstuff['url'];

if (strlen(strstr($string1,$string2))>0) {

print "YES<br />";

}

There is my code.

$string1 == aad.com

$string2 == aad.com

So why does it refuse to print out Yes? I am getting $string1 from an array that I created and $string2 from the database but all I want to see is $string2 has text in $string1 &/or it is identical. String1 is the haystack and String2 is the needle. I've tried every kind of tutorial possible but nothing is working.

Why are you doing strlen? strstr returns the portion of the match, which would eval true, or false if it can't find it, so just do:

if (strstr($string1,$string2))
{
      print "YES<br />";
}

The Mayhem, try printing out the values you are about to compare using var_dump().  That might show what the problem is.  Alternatively you can print urlencode($string1) and urlencode($string2), which can also help to find differences in the strings.

Zurev's suggestion is not quite correct - it will return false if the string is found and it evaluates to 0.  What you have there with strlen() will work, but the most straightforward way is this

if (strstr($string1, $string2) !== false) {
    print "YES<br />";
}

strstr() will only return false if the string is not found, so this comparison will work 100% of the time.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.