Wordpress Multisite: Addon Domains & Moving Individual Sites

pealo86

I have a Wordpress Multisite with 5 websites inside it. There will eventually be a total of around 100 websites.

Their structure is similar to the following:

- www.website.com/company/website01

- www.website.com/company/website02

- www.website.com/company/website03

etc...

My client is hoping to set these initial 5 websites live whilst I build the rest. I have updated the URLs of each website in the database using a search & replace for each individual site.

However, I have just read this article:

- http://www.realisingdesigns.com/2010/09/16/moving-the-domain-of-a-wordpress-multisite-install

And I can see that it's not that simple with a Multisite, as I need to modify wp-config.php too. So surely this would just affect EVERY website.

Does this mean that we will have to wait until all 100 websites are built before we can set them live? Or is there some way of being able to change the location of SOME websites but not others?

One thing I will be doing, as setting up addon domains, for example:

- www.website01.com will point to www.website.com/company/website01

- www.website02.com will point to www.website.com/company/website02

- www.website03.com will point to www.website.com/company/website03

Does anyone know how (or if) this would be affected by the URL that is  specified in the wp-config.php file?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.