max value allowed in form field

paruby

I have form fields for the # of items of an object, ie. a shopping cart.  I want to be able to restrict a user to only enter a specific number range for the quantity of an item in the form field box.  I am not aware of a form field variable such as "maxvalue", but can I do it some other way?  I want to get the max number out of the database.  Not sure if this helps, but I am already using Ajax to set the form field values in database tables, but cannot seem to set a max value.

If this is not clear enough, let me know.

Thanks

Pete

OK, figured it out.  I am already making a call to my database to get item details, and the starting value of the field, so I just added another variable for the max value, and set that along to my JS/Ajax call, and it f the value of the field is greater than my max value, I change the field value back to the max, and send an alert msgbox to the screen.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.