desperate help needed with form action

helloise

i have this code in a foreach that lists  uniquecode links:

<a id="<?php echo $id_to ?>" href="<?php echo ADDRESS; ?>messageSent.php?id=<?php echo $id_to ?>" class="charcoal_link" style="line-height: 20px;" onclick="showMessageArea(this); return false;" >
    <?php echo $uniqueCode1?><span class="pink_text"><?php echo $uniqueCode2?></span><?php echo $uniqueCode3?>
</a>      
<form id="message_area" style="display:none"  method="post" action="<?php echo ADDRESS; ?>messageSent.php?id=<?php echo $id_to ?>">                                
     <textarea name="message" rows="10" cols="20"></textarea>
     <input name="Submit" type="submit" value="Send"></input>
</form>

this is what i get when i view the page source :

<a href="http://www-rainbowcode-mobi/messageSent.php?id=36" class="charcoal_link" style="line-height: 20px;" onclick="showMessageArea(this); return false;" >

KUZELJA<span class="pink_text">000</span>RC                                      </a>     

<form id="message_area" style="display:none"  method="post" action="http://www-rainbowcode-mobi/messageSent.php?id=36">                               

</form>

<a href="http://www-rainbowcode-mobi/messageSent.php?id=38" class="charcoal_link" style="line-height: 20px;" onclick="showMessageArea(this); return false;" >

ALANZIM<span class="pink_text">000</span>RC                                      </a>     

<form id="message_area" style="display:none"  method="post" action="http://www-rainbowcode-mobi/messageSent.php?id=38">                               

</form>

the problem is when the action fires and page goes to messageSent and i view page source again $id_to is NOT the id of the link i clicked on..it takes the first link's id regardless of which link i click on???

here the messageSent page source( i clicked on link with id 38 NOT 36):

where i have a print_r($_REQUEST) and it gives:

Array

(

[id] => 36

[message] => bj,nbgj,

[submit] => Send

)

please urgent help needed...

thank you

A) If you have an initial <form> tag (with out a closing </form> tag), before the start of your foreach(){} loop that outputs the code you did post, it will WIN and be the ?id= value that gets used when you submit any of the forms that would then be inside that initial form tag.

B) Your showMessageArea() javascript function or some other javascript you have on the page could have something to do with this, especially since you have assigned the same id="message_area" to every form (id's must be unique.)

C) Your messageSent.php code could be doing something to cause the value to be altered.

thank you B) is the exact issue so i have altered my code like this:

function showMessageArea(link, id)
   {
      document.getElementById('message_id').value = id;
      var message_area = document.getElementById('message_area'); //if i concatenate id here to message_area it also does not get message area to show
      message_area = message_area+id;
      message_area.parentNode.removeChild(message_area);
      link.parentNode.insertBefore(message_area, link.nextSibling);
      message_area.style.display="block";
   }

where id is now the correct value of the link i clicked on and the link that gets paseds is also correct :

<a href="<?php echo ADDRESS; ?>messageSent.php?id=<?php echo $id_to; ?>" class="charcoal_link" style="line-height: 20px;" onclick="showMessageArea(this, '<?php echo $id_to; ?>'); return false;" >
      <?php echo $uniqueCode1;?><span class="pink_text"><?php echo $uniqueCode2;?></span><?php echo $uniqueCode3;?>
</a>      
<form id="message_area" style="display:none"  method="post" > 
<input type='hidden' name='id' id='message_id' value=""></input>
  </form>

the last little thing now is to get the message area an submit to show because it is STILL not showing :(

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.