Creating two different prices in one file..

hal-11

Hi, this is my first post on the forum.  I am having a bit of trouble trying to create a file with the price of a product in two different currencies.  For example my $price will be calculated through a number of discounts and produce the correct price for the product in the output file, but i am now required to produce the outputted price in gbp and eur.  Any help would be very much appreciated.

Hi, Actually the price is determined by a formulae that calculates the product price and then adds how much profit margin to be added on.  the currency rate always stays the same in the formulae.  So basically my output file creates all the correct prices in gbp, but in that same file I also require the output to produce a price for euro.  i.e  if($retailerId == 1) calculate formulae and produce price gbp.  not sure how to implement it for two seperate formulaes with same retailerId but with different results(euro).  Hope that helps...

yes, that's sort of what I was suggesting:

you calcuate your gbp price with your formula, (this remains unaltered) but at the moment of displaying it, you make an api call to google, send over your price and google will return the same price in euros.

then you can display both.

of course this depends on what you're displaying... if it's a very long page with hundreds of prices, then api calls don't make sense because they would take too long.

Yes it would actually be in batches of around 10 - 20 thousand products, so it prob wouldnt work.  I will have a formulae sorted for the euro easily its just trying to implement the two at the same time.  I was thinking of creating another variable say $price1 - insert euro formulae then call this the 'euro-price' header,  but without much  success i must admit.  Brick wall meet my face  :-[

so basically all you need is to store the correct exchange rate somewhere you can update it from time to time, and just use that to convert the value to euros.

At this moment, 1 gbp = 1.126 Euros. Just multiply gpd by the rate to get value in euros.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.