Microformats ? How do I use this ?

jasonc

I am looking for help with Microformats.

I am using a site called woorank and it suggests I use Microformats, I thought that's something I have not heard of, and would like to give it a try but trying to find information on exactly how I use this is hard as I think it is fairly new.  I have tried to add some content going by some sites but woorank still says that the site does not contain any ?

What could I be doing wrong ?

Had to look up what microformats were.... Fairly simple, a specification for formatting data in a standardized way.  What are microformats and what can you do with microformats articles explain what they are in enough ways to make it easy to understand.  And the specifications for the various microformats listed on that site provide examples, making it all less complicated.

A couple things come to mind first about your problem.  Are you providing all the data and markup necessary by the specific microformat specification you're using?  Is the specification(s) you're using supported by this woorank site?

The code within my contact us page.

All I added below are these parts..

class="addressFieldset"

class="addressFieldset"

class="addressFieldset"

class="tel"

class='emailAddressIndent'

But woorank does not see them ?

<div class="vcard" style="float: left; padding: 30px 10px 10px 10px; width: 170px; border: 0px dashed #000;">
	<fieldset class="addressFieldset"><legend class="legendClass">Address</legend>
	<div class="adr">1 High Street<br>Some Town<br>Our County<br>AB1 1AB</div>
	</fieldset>
	<fieldset class="addressFieldset"><legend class="legendClass">Telephone</legend>
	<div class="tel">00000 000000</div>
	</fieldset>
	<fieldset class="addressFieldset"><legend class="legendClass">Mobile</legend>
	<div class="tel">00000 000000</div>
	</fieldset>
	<div class='emailAddressIndent'><br><?php echo('<a id="emaillink" href="mailto:me@email.com">Email us</a>'); ?></div>
  </div>

From my brief read through of the hcard 1.0 specification, yours is not valid because all hcards must have a name or organizational name attribute.  Though not required telephone numbers should to be formatted in international standard +15553334444, multiple telephone numbers should have a type attribute, and your address elements should have attributes added.  Again I only just briefly went over the specification, refer to it.

You can use the hcard creator to make a quick example.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.