I want to run 2 sessions simultaneously.. possible?

RussellReal

I know that its possible to have multiple sessions open at a time, but how would you handle both along side eachother..

From my understanding, session_start will fill the $_SESSION superglobal with the contents of the session_file..

My current goal is to open up an application session (global session across all clients) to sorta "share" information between them, I know I could simply use MySQL or a series of text files with the same logic as MySQL concatenated indexs.. But I wanna try something new here..

The application session will be accessible to every client who connects to the specified application.. they will also need to be able to open their PERSONAL session file, simultaneously, therefore I wish to be able to modify variables in sessionfile1 and sessionfile2 together..

I know I could do this by opening one session file, gathering the information, opening the user file, leaving it open, and whenever I need to edit something in the application file, I'd close the user file and open the session file, but that seems a lil drastic..

Any information let me know.. Thanks!

P.S. I do understand that the application session will place a file lock on that session once a client has the session open for writing, I plan on the whole transaction between session1 and session2 to be very brief.. then I will close the application session and leave open the user session..

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.