registrations

Doc20

Hey everyone, I am in a bit of a bind... again.

I have been working on this project for a few weeks now, and I have a user registration that accompanies a log in script.  Well, it was working -- could register new users, and everything.. Well tonight, I went back to test the page again (I don't remember why), and it was not adding the new user account.

I have the script set up to go to another page that runs a series of checks, and if successful has a mysql script to insert a new row into the database.  I also have a series of alert boxes (using Javascript) that would tell the user the status of things.

Here is the registration form code (found on the following page:  http://www.pwnstargaming.com/doc/wos/register.php)

<form id="register" name="register" method="post" action="registerprocess.php">
          <hr size="5" />
          <p align="left">            If you are interested in holding an account on this system, please fill out the following form!<br />
            <br />
            <em>For the confirmation, please type in, '<strong>pwnstardoc</strong>' (without the quote marks) </em><br />
              <br />
            <input id="ip" name="ip"  value='<?php echo $_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"]?>' type='hidden'>
            <strong>Username:</strong>
            <input type="text" name="username" />
          </p>
          <p align="left"><strong>Desired Password:</strong>
            <input type="password" name="password" />
            <br />
            <br />
            <strong>Repeat Password:</strong>
            <input type="password" name="password2" />
          </p>
          <p align="left"><strong>Xfire Address:</strong>
            <input type="text" name="xfire" /></p>
          <p align="left"><strong>Anti-Spam Confirmation:</strong>
          <input type="text" name="confirmation" /></p>
          <p align="left">
            <input type="submit" name="submit" id="submit" value="Submit Registration" />
            <br />
          <em>Disclaimer:  IP Address will be collected upon successful registration. </em></p>
        </form>

And the processing script code

<?php

ini_set('display_errors',1);
error_reporting(E_ALL|E_STRICT);

include ("db.php");

if ($_POST['submit'] == "Submit Registration")

{

if ($_POST['password'] == $_POST['password2'])
{
// if passwords match

if ($_POST['confirmation'] == "pwnstardoc")
{
$insert_user="INSERT INTO users (username, password, ip, xfire)
VALUES
('$_POST[username]','$_POST[password]','$_POST[ip]',$_POST[xfire])" or die ("not submitted");

if (mysql_query($insert_user)) 
{
echo "
   <script type='text/javascript'>
       alert(\"You have been successfully registered!  You will be redirected to the log-in page now.\");
   </script>
	";

echo "<meta HTTP-EQUIV='REFRESH' content='0; url=login.php'>"; 

}
else
{
echo "
       alert(\Registration failed!  Please go back and try again!\");
   </script>
	";

/*echo "<meta HTTP-EQUIV='REFRESH' content='0; url=registerfail.php'>"; */
}  

}
else
{
/*echo "confirmation bad"; */

echo "
       alert(\"Confirmation code was not entered correctly!  Please go back and re-read the instructions, and enter the code correctly. Please click OK to go back to the registration form!\");
   </script>
	";

echo "<meta HTTP-EQUIV='REFRESH' content='0; url=registercode.php'>"; 
}

}
else
{
/*echo "password bad"; */

echo "
       alert(\"Your desired passwords did not match one another!  Please go back and carefully re-type your desired passwords. Please click OK to go back to the registration form!\");
   </script>
	";

echo "<meta HTTP-EQUIV='REFRESH' content='0; url=registerpass.php'>"; 
}

}

?>

Currently the page is just going to the processing page as a blank page (even with error reporting turned on).  It doesn't even do a pop up box - like it used to.

The part of the code that has '/*echo "<meta HTTP-EQUIV='REFRESH' content='0; url=registerfail.php'>"; */' is where the issue is (that else statement)..  I changed most of my refreshes to dead pages to see where it failed -- ie.  registerfail.php does not exist.  However, if I take that part of the code out of comment lines, and try and register, it redirects to this page.  So I know that it is failing to execute the mysql $insert_user query (from the if statement above).  However, it doesn't even throw the popup box from that section of the code.....

Does anyone have any pointers on what to do?  I do not believe I have done anything since the time this page worked and now, with it not working.  I even added a die() at the end of the query to see if it would give me an error, it doesn't.

I am lost....

After some time on Google, I found some users that were having the same problem.

Not getting any errors with the INSERT INTO function, but no row was added.  I even tried to remake the registration page, and gave a die message to appear when successful.

include ("db.php"); // database connection
$register_new = "INSERT INTO `users` VALUES ('','$username','$password','$xfire','$ip','0')";
	}

die ("You have been successfully registered!");

I get the success message, but nothing is actually inserted into the table.

I deleted the table and recreatedit , same thing -- no new data inserted.

Maybe this new bit of info helps if anyone has had problems with this before?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.